Sunday 3 April 2011

Music (and my thoughts of it)

Just like everyone else said, music is great.

Today I finally watch BECK live action movie. I don't really follow the manga version but I've gotta say that this movie is great. I was a little bit repulsed by the wig worn by Hiro Mizushima as Minami Ryuusuke at first. But as the movie goes on, the ambience improve drastically, especially at the ending part.

Okay, you may call me overreacting but I myself think that music is magic. It has been with the nature since the very beginning of time, and it has been inside every one of us since the day we're born. Every sound made by nature, on it's own category can be heard as music. Every voice that we spoke, on it's own definition can be heard as music. Of course there are voices that we love to hear and voices that we refuse to hear if possible. But I think, composed with certain dose of other voice and rhythm and moods, it could always be the sound that we find amusing. Music pacifies a crying baby. Music rejuvenate people of certain sickness. Even plants are reacting to the music played for them. Don't you think that music is magical enough?

Music can gather a huge number of mass in one place, brings them peace or brings the riot among them. The same favorite music ties two strangers in a love relationship they don't even imagine at first. Music ties people to make more music in a band, and with the other bands they united into one community under the name of Ko-J-Tsu (one of Surabaya's Japan Lover community; I'm one of its member). Music send an ordinary looking boy to a country he had never imagine to learn more about it.  I was so touched by a friend story that tells one of his mentally-handicapped student (he's a drum private teacher and a superb musician) asked him to play a song at the end of their lesson, and cheerfully shouted "One Piece!!!" when he played one of the animation series' soundtrack (titled "Memories"). Again, don't you think that music is a power sooo great that everyone can be affected without seeing or touching  the real substance of it?

I don't really know about you, but sometimes, when I'm amazed at something, I heard a music created inside me. When things get bad while I have no power to make it better at the time, I listen to the songs that suit my mood, or even heard another music coming from my head. I got goosebumps when I heard a very good piece of music, and though I don't precisely know what is wrong, I know when a music is not played at the extent of the musician's skill.
Music is inside every one of us, just like the air we breathe. We are born with it. We listen to it, like it or not. We speak through it. We live through it, and some of us are lucky enough to live for it on the stage or in the recording room. No one really hate music. Even some of us who couldn't produce a very nice voice or not well educated in music could not prevent themselves from appreciating music in its many form.
I play music, though my self-taught skill of course never as great as anyone well educated in music. I sing, to my heart content, though at first I doubted myself. I have my own preferences in music genres though I will humbly admit all the good piece of music beyond my preferences. 

All in all, I love music :) (and I honestly hope that Indonesian taste for music will soon improved)



No comments:

Post a Comment